Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Day 4, Phoenix Paper Crafters Create Daily Challenge

Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural. There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments. It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully returnable. ~Author unknown

Today is day 4 of the Phoenix Paper Crafters Create Daily Challenge located HERE and I am playing along best I can this month.

For my day 4 project I did not make another Christmas Card but I’m sure there will be more in the future as I have lots Christmas Type bits & pieces to use!

Anyway … I seem to have a terrible problem dropping ink pads on finished cards. I have no clue why but I guess I have about 10 cards sitting in a pile waiting to be checked over to see if I can salvage anything off of them

My card today was actually made for a challenge last year. (You can see the original post HERE). I had made it with someone specific in mind and while I was getting the stamp for the inside inked up, I hit the pad just right and yep … there it was, splat! Sometimes I get lucky and the mishap can been swiftly and easily covered with no one but me the wiser, but not this time!

Needless to say, I was not happy so set the card aside for a later recovery effort and here it is.



The card was a 5 x 7 card so I had to trim quit a bit off the top and along the right side to get the ink streaks off. I had a bit of the original DP I used to die cut the tea cup and sentiment so it made a great layering piece.

Supplies (best I can recall)
  • Repurposed item: Damaged card front
  • Card stock (base) unknown, “vapor” cut from a Bazzill scrap
  • Design paper from Stampin up
  • Dies: Unknown
  • Lace order embossing folder from Darice
  • Silk from Fun Stampers Journey
Thanks for stopping by!
Cara

No comments: