Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

TTCRD Anything goes with Little Claire - Penguin Hugs!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree:  the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
Burton Hillis

Good morning my Crafty Peeps!
I trust, for my fellow Patriots, that your Thanksgivings were blessed with good food, family and friends and, if you ventured forth, you survived your adventures out there into Black Friday Land.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not fond of crowds to begin with, so the increased pushing, shoving and general rudeness of the population on Black Friday is a great reason for me grab a cup of hot coffee and park my pajama clad butt in front of my laptop to do any shopping I deem necessary.

Either way, for the Malmrose Clan - the Christmas Holiday has officially begun with a tradition started when my kids were little. On Thanksgiving evening, after everyone is properly fooded and leftovers are stored for later foraging runs. We gather in front of the TV to watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol". 

A wonderful rendition of the Charles Dickens Classic - only the Muppets play most of the characters. Gonzo the Great, narrating the movie as Mr. Dickens takes Rizzo the Rat and us, through the wondrous journey of Ebenzer Scrooge, played by the awesome Michael Caine, as he is guided by three ghosts sent to show him he needs to change his horrid, selfish ways or face dire consequences in the afterlife.

A fun movie with lots of laughter and, of course, a value lesson at the end about treating people (and Muppets) with dignity and respect.

This year, it was just my son and I sitting there to watch the movie. as my husband was working and my daughter is set to spend another Christmas in Japan. It was heartwarming to me that my son was willing to sit and watch the movie with me. Especially when he mentioned that, for him, it was part of our Thanksgiving tradition and marked the beginning of the Christmas season for our family.

So from my family to yours Happy Holidays and quoting Tiny Tim - "God Bless us Everyone!"


Now onto my card.
This week our Sponsor at Through the Craft Room Door is Little Clair

While I used a Digi, you can also purchase this image as a clear stamp.

Here's my card.
It is 5 x 7 and the layout is from a scrapbook page I found on Pinterest. Click HERE to see the page and website where it came from.
I colored the image with my Prisma color pencils (still learning how to shade and stuff).
Then I die cut the image out and attached it to my card front after lightly drawing a circle that I could use as a guide for the snowflakes.
All my snowflakes were from scrap papers.

SUPPLIES
Card stock from The Paper Studio & Stampin Up!
Prisma Color Pencils
Big Scalloped Ovals from Spellbinders
Ink from Stampin Up! (to shade around the image) & Copics (To color the sentiment)
Rhinestones from The Paper Studio
Pretty much everything else was from my box of Christmas Stash: The little poinsettias, the puff snowflakes, the cold beads and the red buttons.

Click HERE to come join in the fun!

Hope to see ya soon!
(Hugs) Cara

1 comment:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Cara!! Such a bright cheery card!! It just makes me feel happy!!
Hugs
Darcy