Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Magical Re-make

Good morning,

Card companies pay designers to create beautiful cards using amazing imagery and colors. It heartbreaking to see these cards tossed in the trash so I like to try and re-use them to create new cards or gift tags. I hope this post inspires you to re-think ways to recycle and reuse those beautiful cards you receive, regardless of season!

I am still going through a box of old Christmas cards I received from the last several Christmas’s. I will apologize in advance; I had planned to take pictures of the card before I start dismantling it but totally spaced so I have no before pictures. I really need to get better at that!

Anyway …

I loved this Christmas card from the moment I saw it. It was so festive and magical looking with the achromatic and foggy background and those pops of foiled red and green!

When trying to decide if I wanted to make into Christmas tags or a card, I remembered a set of stamps I had from Echo Park that would be perfect so a card it became.

Since the card was bigger than an A2 but small that a 5 x 7 I decided to trim up and bit then cut into strips. The sentiment was then stamped onto vellum and laid over the top so you can still see the colors underneath which I think is a perfect complement to that foggy looking backdrop of the trees.
 

Supplies
  • Christmas card
  • Ink from Tsukineko (VersaClaire Fine)
  • Rhinestones from my Stash
  • Sentiment stamp from Echo Park (Christmas Sentiments)
  • Vellum from Stampin Up!
Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

No comments: