Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lavender Fairy ...

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? ~John Lennon

Good morning!
A new Sunday Song & Rhyme challenge is in process at The Outlawz Challenges. Each week we will give you a theme based on a song or a rhyme along with a bit of the lyrics/lines with which to take inspiration from to create a card/project! You can also look on-line to get more information about the Song/Rhyme.

This weeks inspiration comes from a song selected by Margaret: Song of the Lavender fairy from Flower Fairies of the Garden book by Cicely Mary Barker

"Lavender's blue, diddle diddle" - So goes the song;
All round her bush, diddle diddle, Butterflies throng;
(They love her well, diddle diddle, So do the bees;)
While she herself, diddle diddle, Sways in the breeze
"Lavender's blue, diddle diddle, Lavender's green";
She'll scent the clothes, diddle diddle, Put away clean -
Clean from the wash, diddle diddle, Hanky and sheet;
Lavender's spikes, diddle diddle,
Make them all sweet!
(The word "blue" was often used in old days where we would now say "purple" or "mauve")

For my 5 x 7 card, I took my inspiration from the references of the fairy, color and butterflies


Supplies:
  • Card stock: American Crafts / Stampin Up! / The Paper Studio (base)
  • Design paper(s): Unknown
  • Die(s): Gina Marie Designs, Sm. Profile Butterfly / Spellbinders, Butterfly Circles
  • Ink(s): Fun Stampers Journey Silk
  • Stash: Rhinestone 

So, remember to stop by The Outlawz Challenges where a new challenge starts every day of the week!
(Hugs) Cara

No comments: