Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Another Guy Birthday ...

In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups. In old age, we yearn to be kids. It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn't have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Hi!

While cleaning off my craft table I actually found this card that I’d finished several months ago. I had originally made it for my son’s birthday but when I could not find it, I made a him a different one. (Yes it was that bad – don’t judge me).

I love the images from Unity Stamps because they are great for paper piecing, if you like to do that sort of thing (which I do!). And no matter the design paper I use they always turn out amazing looking!


For this card I stamped Brian Guy onto cream cardstock and die cut it out. Then I did a bit pf masking so I could use a brush and add the ink around the image to make it pop. One done, I stamped the image again onto my design paper, fussy cut everything out then paper pieced both the shirt and the jeans. Usually, I just do the shirt but I found a scrap of design paper in my scrap box that looks like denim and of course I was like ooooo jeans!

Supplies
  • Banner punch from Stampin Up!
  • Card candy from my stash
  • Cardstock from Stampin Up!
  • Design paper from Prima Marketing and my scrap stash
  • Embossing folder from Spellbinders
  • Image and sentiment from The Unity Stamp Company
  • Ink from Close to My Heart and Ranger
  • Stencil from Stampers Anonymous
  • Twine from my stash
Thanks for stopping by!
Cara


CHALLENGES ENTERED

LTSCB #151, Anything Goes

#508, Anything goes using paper

WWC 328, Tristan;s Challenge, All about Occasions

QKR Stampede (entry 32)
#431, Anything Goes

Seize the Birthday (entry 11)
Challenge #226


5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh very cool! That image goes perfectly with your paper piecing - and turned out awesome! Thanks for joining in at STB

JulieP said...

I love the papers you chose for his outfit. They are just soooo perfect! I had to laugh at your confession though. Maybe you can keep it until your son's next birthday? LOL! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Jana Forrest said...

Cara your card is just perfect for a young man's birthday. (so glad I am not alone in misplacing stuff) Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. DT~Jana

Cathy said...

That's a great masculine card and the paper piecing is perfect! Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday and Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Scraffky said...

I really like this card for a man! Thank you for joining us at The Crafter’s CafĂ© Challenge Blog.
Kisses, Karolina Scraffky