Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Daisies ... sweet simplicity

Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the flowers, Kind deeds are the fruits, Take care of your garden And keep out the weeds, Fill it with sunshine, Kind words, and Kind deeds. -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Today a new Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge has started at The Outlawz Challenges and will run through May 1, 2021.

For the month of April our sponsor is: Pattie's Creations with a prize of 2 digital images

The current challenge was selected by me.

Daisy Time
By Marjorie Pickthall

See, the grass is full of stars,
Fallen in their brightness;
Hearts they have of shining gold,
Rays of shining whiteness.
Buttercups have honeyed hearts,
Bees they love the clover,
But I love the daisies' dance
All the meadow over.
Blow, O blow, you happy winds,
Singing summer's praises,
Up the field and down the field
A-dancing with the daisies.

I made a slim line card with Patties “Gerber Daisy in a vase” image.


 
I felt it looked a little to bland but I only have a couple embossing folders that would have been big enough to accommodate the card base easily and none were good choices for this card.

After rifling around in my stencils I found a small daisy one that I think was just the right choice. Love how it turned out! It added some interest without pulling away from the focal image.

I added just a bit of gold stickles to the the flower center.

Supplies used
  • Image “Gerber Daisy in a vase” printed on Stampin Up! Whisper White cardstock
  • Card candy from my stash
  • Cardstock from The Paper Studio (Base) and Stampin Up!
  • Daisy Stencil unknown
  • Dies unknown
  • Distress Markers
  • Distress Stickles
  • Ink from Stampin Up!
  • Sentiment from Unity Stamps
Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges for more challenges and Inspiration!

(Hugs) Cara

No comments: