Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Duel vs Hugging it out

Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural.  There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments.  It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable.  ~Author Unknown

Hi everyone!
Today a new Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge has started at The Outlawz Challenges and will run through August 22.

Our inspiration this challenge was selected by Vicki
The Duel
(The Gingham Dog and The Calico Cat)

The gingham dog and the calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;
'T was half-past twelve, and (what do you think!)
Nor one nor t' other had slept a wink!
The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
Appeared to know as sure as fate
There was going to be a terrible spat.
(I wasn't there; I simply state
What was told to me by the Chinese plate!)

The gingham dog went "Bow-wow-wow!"
And the calico cat replied "Mee-ow!"
The air was littered, an hour or so,
With bits of gingham and calico,
While the old Dutch clock in the chimney-place
Up with its hands before its face,
For it always dreaded a family row!
(Now mind: I'm only telling you
What the old Dutch clock declares is true!)


For my card I am of course using a cat and dog which I die cut but went with a bit happier tone of hugs after a confrontation! 


Supplies used
  • Card stock: Stampin Up! and the Paper Studio (base)
  • Design paper: The Scrapbook Wizard and my scrap bin
  • Dies: Heart from Spellbinders, Cat & Dog unknown
  • Embossing folders: Park Lane and Stampin Up!
  • Rhinestones: Stash

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges for more challenges and Inspiration!
(Hugs) Cara

No comments: