Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Monday, April 15, 2019

The Outlawz Challenges Crash your Stash: Glitter

In the sea, the fish have learned to fly,
On a moonlit night on wings of silver,
As the enchanted stars sail serenely by.
Do they know where do unicorns go?
Where winged horses fly?…
~Jimmy Webb, “In the Sea,” Das Letzte Einhorn, 1982

Good morning!
Today is the start of another fun “Crash your Stash” challenge at The Outlawz Challenges

Our item for this month glitter as in loose glitter that gets all over the place (no glitter paper)

When I first started stamping, my kids were young and we did not have a lot of disposable income for me to spend of craft supplies so I learned to make do with what I had or could afford.

Glitter paper always adds a lovely touch to cards and I figured out pretty quick that with a bit of glue stick I could add a sparkling border to my cards.

Nowadays, I used two sided adhesive tape more often that not. For my card, I edged the Design paper with the tape and then dumped on the glitter and used my finger to press into the tape. I tapped off the excess then burnished the edges again for another shot at getting the glitter to stick to the tape.

I like dazzling diamonds from Stampin Up! because you can still clearly see the designs on your paper and it adds such a lovely shimmer!


Once done, I used some wet glue to add a bit of sparkle to the unicorn’s horn and some random spots on the body.


The full sentiment says “I hope your day is Magical”, I cut it in half and added to the inside with a bit more of the Digi design paper I printed out.


Supplies: 5 x 7 card
  • Card base is from a pre-folded pack I bought
  • Cardstock from Stampin Up!
  • Dazzling Diamonds from Stampin Up!
  • Digi design paper from We R Three digi set Party Celebration
  • Sentiment from the current prize pack Magical Sparkle


https://www.etsy.com/shop/WeAre3
https://www.facebook.com/WeAre3DigitalShop/

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges where there is a challenge for every day of the week!
(Hugs) Cara

No comments: