Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

80th Birthday for the Mother in law

God gives you a life and says, Okay, what are you going to do with it? ~Alice Cooper, interview with Cal Fussman, 2008 August 2nd, for Esquire's January 2009 eighth annual Meaning of Life issue

Hi All,
Using a tutorial I found on Beccy’s place HERE, I made an exploding box card for my Mother-in-Laws 80th birthday celebration.

This is the first time I’ve attempted one of these and while not horribly complicated there is a lot of measuring and cutting to get the box base and flaps created.


I had all the kids, grandkids and significant others write out personal messages that I could put onto all the flaps. I had a couple left empty so I found a nice quote about turning 80 years old and the last one I added a picture of her when she got the news that my daughter (the eldest grandchild) had eloped. So much fun! And of course, she cried and cried and cried because she loved it!

Now, I can’t find the paper I wrote all the supplies I used so I have tried to remember what I could

Supplies
  • Cardstock from Stampin Up! and Bazzill
  • Conch on the big bow was a gift
  • Design Paper from Anna Griffen
  • Dies from fawn lawn
  • Pearl Clusters from my stash
  • Punches by Martha Steward
  • Roses from Prima
Thanks for stopping by!
Cara

No comments: