Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Outlawz Crash your Stash Challenge: Ribbon

“Just feel the magic in the air and the power in the breeze.
Feel the energy in the plants, the bushes and the trees.
Let yourself be surrounded by nature at its best.
Calm yourself, focus and let magic do the rest.”
~ Sally Walker

Good morning!
Despite all the sadness the Covid-19 pandemic has caused, it has also appeared to have brought about some positive things as well.

To me it feels like with less mechanical motion in the world like planes, cars, manufacturing going on, everything looks and smells so much cleaner. Standing on my porch last night the world felt calmer in the night wind.  I smelled citrus blossoms for the first time in a long time! It was amazing! During the day, the sky seems a bit bluer, the clouds a bit whiter and the birds are happier and singing more. We even have a couple of nests close by so I can hear the peeping of the new babies being hatched! And interestingly enough I do not seem to be suffering from “allergies” to the same extent as in previous years.

I’m torn right now as we all need to get back to the business of living, but it would sure be nice if we could have this bit of space and time just a little bit longer, but without the grief.

Ah well, such is the time in history we are all living, and on that note, some things are still taking place. Like a new “Crash your Stash” challenge at The Outlawz Challenges which will run until May 14th

Our Sponsor this month is Lemon Shortbread with a sweet prize of 3 images

Our stash item for this month is Ribbons.
I have purged my ribbons several times but I still seem to have a large bin full that never seems to go away. This was a great challenge to use up some of those bits and bobs you have laying around too!

For my card I used this Flapper Girl. Isn't she beautiful? I loved coloring her up.

The background is a piece of Core'dinations paper I had left from another project. I embossed it then used a sanding block to bring out just a bit of white here and there. I love how it turned out.


Not the best picture but here you can see where I added the Wink of Stella to her under shirt and belth along with a touch of metallic silver.


Supplies:
  • Sponsor image printed on Stampin Up! Whisper White card stock
  • Card stock from The Paper Studio (base)
  • Core’dinations paper
  • Embossing folder from Darice
  • Eyelet lace from my stash
  • Memories Black India Ink
  • ProMarkers
  • Sentiment from Stampin Up!
  • Wink of Stella 
  • Sketch by me CCBC6

Now come on over to The Outlawz Challenges to play along with us or one of the other challenges that are always in process!

This card has been entered into the following challenge(s)

7 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous flapper girl card, so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Pamela said...

totally agree with you about Covid-19, just going day by day. I enjoyed the coloring job you did on the dress as well as the skin tone, it's just perfect. Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Saphron said...

It truly has been a bit of a blessing in the midst of this trauma!

Love your card. Her hat is beautifully coloured - look at the dimension you've created!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's , and good luck with your entry! :)

~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Melanie said...

Love your card. I love the vintage feel it has but with such pretty color.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Melanie DT Paper Funday Challenge.

Maria Valente said...

Love it!Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Mary

Alka said...

Beautiful Card. Thank you for joining us @The Creative Crafters Challenge Blog. This is ALka DT member.

Anonymous said...

I love this card and the colours are beautiful
Thank you for entering our challenge at http://notjustcardschallenges.blogspot.com/