Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Winter Wishes

Winter is a time of promise because there is so little to do — or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. ~Stanley Crawford, A Garlic Testament: Seasons on a Small New Mexico Farm, 1992

*** NOTE: This card is a Featured card for the month of December 2015 at The Outlawz Challenges ***

Good morning!
I love Cardinals ....

There are quite a few lovely legends about Cardinals.
Some say it is the spirit of a loved one come to say Hello. One says they came to be when a little brown bird helped a wolf in distress and another says a Cardinal is a sign of good luck!

Whether you believe any of them or not - they are still a such a vibrant bird to sit upon the limb - natures own Christmas Ornament!

Size: 4.25 x 5.5



SUPPLIES
Card stock from The Paper Studio and Stampin U!
Stamps from "To You & Yours" by Close to My Heart
Colored with Copics and Prisma Color Pencils
Black India Ink

Thanks for stopping by!

(Hugs) Cara

5 comments:

Fikreta said...

wonderful card
>^.^<

Teresa Arsenault said...

Cara, your cardinal is gorgeous, great blog post and I love your embossed, snowy background.
hugs,
Teresa

Sandra said...

wow, this one is so beautiful Cara!!

Christina Hor said...

Hi Cara! I have heard the first legend about the cardinals being spirits of loved one and the winter quote from Crawford got me giggling. Winter is a time of promise, BUT it is not time for little to do! Just think of the Christmas shopping and not to mention the holiday card making! Haha.

Totally LOVE the cardinal against the embossed layer Cara! This is such a gorgeous layout having the gorgeous red and green against the white. You wouldn't mind if I CASE'd this layout sometime? Maybe on my next holiday card making? Speaking of holiday, hope you can stop by my blog on Saturday,12:00 AM Eastern Time, for a very special digi freebie! PERFECT for very super speed holiday cardmaking turnaround.

Hope your week has been good to you. Stay warm.

Hugs,
Christina

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful Christmas cardinal card. I love your layout and the embossing behind the cardinal.