Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Wanting to hug

No man but feels more of a man in the world if he have but a bit of ground that he can call his own.  However small it is on the surface, it is four thousand miles deep; and that is a very handsome property.  ~Charles Dudley Warner


Good morning!
Today is the start of another Clean and Simple Challenge over at the Outlawz.
Our Sponsor this month is Bugaboo stamps!

This week the challenge is "Name that Embellishment".
Sounds easy enough right?!
We are challenging you to create a CAS card or project that uses an embellishment and/or image that begins with the first letter of your first or last name.

Example: your first name starts with "S - you could use a Sequin or if your last name begins with "T", you could use a turtle stamp.

Get the idea?

Ok .. so lets play!

For me this was a double hitter using this adorable "Fat Mouse with Cheese" digi from our sponsor.

My first name starts with "C" = Cheese
My last name starts with "M" = Mouse

I am sending this little guy to my daughter in Japan. She had to move rather abruptly to another prefecture leaving behind friends and routines and is basically starting over again in another part of Japan. It was not a smooth move and she is a little frazzled so I think this will cheer her up!

I printed the digi onto my Georgia Pacific card stock using my Serif program, then I colored with my copics, which I am still trying to get used to and I used a little bit of Aleen's paper glaze on the heart on the mouses hip,



Card size is 4.25 x 5.50
SUPPLIES
Card stock from The Paper Studio, Stampin Up! & Georgia Pacific
Digi image "Fat Mouse with Cheese"
Sentiment from "Kanji" by Stampin Up!
India Ink from Memories
Copics
Gemstones from The Paper Studio
Framelit die "Word Bubbles" from Stampin Up!
Aleen's paper glaze

So come on over to The Outlawz and play along with us!

(Hugs) Cara

This card has been entered into the following Challenge(s)

Catch the Bug Blog: Anything Goes

4 comments:

Charlene Mitchell said...

Happy Easter Cara!

So sorry to hear of your daughter's quick and unsettling move. I'm sure all will work out for her! This card is absolutely precious and will definitely bring a hug from home! I love the Kanji!

Awesome to see Bugaboo as your sponsor!! xx

Lisa Young said...

Adorable!!!!

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is adorable - I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us for the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps’ Catch the Bug blog this week. I’m holding thumbs that you are one of the lucky winners! Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen L
Bugaboo Stamps DT

Kathy said...

Cute as can be! I love the sweet image, nice CAS layout and your beautiful coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug.