Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Monday, August 14, 2017

The Character of a Man ...

“At the end of life, what really matters is not what we bought but what we built; not what we got but what we shared; not our competence but our character; and not our success, but our significance. Live a life that matters. Live a life of love.”
~ Author Unknown

Hi Everyone!
Today I am sharing a special card I made for a special person who recently retired from an amazing career as a teacher in the medical field.

This is a Bendi card. Every tutorial I had or could find was for an A2 size card so not only is this the first time I’ve made this style of card, I also had to do math (Blech!) to change the sizing to a 5 x 7 card.

Sadly, I also made a gift box to go along with the card, but I forgot to take pictures of that.

This picture is of the card folded into the diorama position



This picture shows the inside of the card


Supplies
Cardstock mostly from Stampin Up! with bits and pieces from my scrap bin.
Metallic cardstock is from Bazzill, The Dollar Tree and The Paper Temptress
Deer family border die from CottageCutz
Design paper from Prima Marketing set “Second Wind Collection” and Momenta as well as bits and pieces from my scrap bin
Grass border punch from Fiskars
India Ink from Memories
Label punches from Stampin Up!
Pine Tree die from Sizzix
Scenic Pines die from Crafters Companion
Sentiment from Repeat Impressions
Squirrel die from Gina Marie Designs
Sun Die from Gina Marie Designs
Sunny Days (clouds) dies from Spellbinders
 
 Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

2 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Cara, your card is awesome. You did a wonderful job creating this fancy fold card. The elements you included are very nice.

Christina said...

Oh my goodness Cara! This is an amazing card! WOW! I'm applause on trying out a new style and you nailed it first time! Now, you'll just have to do another post with a step-by-step tutorial on this one. I don't do many fancy fold cards (have you seen any from me besides CAS? LOL), but I would love to learn this one! I also love that quote you have at the top of the post. So beautiful and true. May you have a beautiful week Cara. Hugs.