Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Raising Sons...

You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.  And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.
Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
Good morning Everyone!
When my kids have birthdays, like most parents I'm sure, I always reflect on who they were as children. Who they are as adults and who they will be as time goes on and life shapes them.

Today is my son's 27th birthday. And while he is far from perfect, as most of us are, he is growing into a fine young man. He has had his share of struggles growing up as everyday he must work with the challenges of Aspergers in a world where the more "Politically correct" people become, the less compassionate they become as well.

People spout how differences need to be accepted, yet those same people spurn those who are indeed different. It's a sad presentation of our society these days.

Despite it all, his father and I are proud of his accomplishments and continue to challenge him to become a better person, someone reliable and accountable... not for others but for himself.
To this end, he will become a positive contributing member of society.

Here is the 5 x 7 card I made for him ...
He loves to watch Ninja movies and we are always making jokes about them. I have had this Birdbrain Ninja image for some time. Obtained with him in mind and finally got around to using it!


SUPPLIES
Image: "Birdbrain Ninja" by "From the Heart"
Cardstock: The Paper Studio and Stamp in Up!
Dies: "Asian Motifs" from Spellbinders
Dies: "Word Bubbles" from Stampin Up!
DP: The Angel Company
Sentiment: Computer generated

Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

This card has been entered in to the following Challenge(s)

Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#3: October Anything Goes



2 comments:

Rannah Romps said...

Beautiful inspiration of your son Cara. I know he will love your card. :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous card for your son! I bet he loved it. The image made me giggle. Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt