Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Valentine for my Mom

Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January. ~Jim Gaffigan

Hey everyone ...
As I noted earlier, we don't celebrate Valentines in my home but I do make them for the Mom's and a couple of elderly Aunts. So here I have the Valentine card I made for my Mother

I had her card all planned out but found myself moving in another direction. But that's okay .. I like how this one turned out.

After I die cut the main background I used the die as a stencil and sponged color onto the flowers and leaves. I cut the heart out of a brown cardstock because it made me think of a grapevine wreath. Once my flower was dry I glued to the heart.



Supplies
Card stock from Stampin Up! & Bazzill
Ink from Stampin Up!
Die: Scribbles & Splats from Sizzix
Die: Flower Bramble from ProvoCraft
Flower Punches from Martha Steward & Marvy

Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenge(s)


Creative Fingers Challenge #101



Challenge #88 - Love is in the Air! (Must use a heart)



Scrapping 4 fun Challenges - #58, Anything Goes


14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really pretty. I like you you colored the embossing. Your mom is going to love it!

phillymam37 said...

Wow, wow love this Cara!!! I'm sure your mother will love this too!!! :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is just gorgeous, so feminine. Your mother will love it.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Love is in the Air challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful Valentine. I love the heart die you used.

Fikreta said...

very nice card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Teresa Arsenault said...

what a pretty card! Your mom will love this, Cara.
hugs,
Teresa

2craftykaties said...

I love the technique you used with the die cut. your card turned out very unique! Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for the love is in the air challenge!
~CIU DT katie

Cicci said...

Hi cara So Lovely card !!!! Your mother going to love it!!!!!!!!
Hugs Cicci

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Beautiful card!!Stunning background you created!! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Christina Hor said...

Hi Cara! Oh what a beautiful technique sponging the flowers and leaves! This is such a gorgeous card for your mama! So much love, beauty and grace in it. Happy 1st day of February sweet friend!

Hugs, Christina

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Cara! That is a gorgeous card, your mom is gonna love it. I LOL'd bigtime at the comment you left on my blog about the Anti-Vals, if you lived in NJ you could go take my friend's class of the same name. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! I will now expect it on a regular basis! Hahaha winkwink xoxo, Aimeslee

Andreja said...

What a fabulous card! The colors are just beautiful on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping4Fun.
Hugs, Andreja

Julie Odil said...

This is super pretty! I love the colors of it! Thanks for joining our Love & Romance challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge blog. Julie, DT member

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely creation
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles
xx