Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Fall is here ...

How dear the woods are! You beautiful trees! I love every one of you as a friend. ~Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea, 1909

Good morning!
This morning I am sharing a card I made for the new Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge which just started. You can find the challenge HERE

Our poem this fortnight was picked by Nan Murphy
 
Fall is here, hear the yell
Back to school, ring the bell
Brand new shoes, walking blues
Climb the fence, books and pens
I can tell that we are gonna be friends
I can tell that we are gonna be friends
Walk with me, Suzy Lee
Through the park and by the tree
We will rest upon the ground
And look at all the bugs we found
Safely walk to school without a sound
Safely walk to school without a sound
Here we are, no one else
We walked to school all by ourselves
There's dirt on our uniforms
From chasing all the ants and worms
We clean up and now its time to learn
We clean up and now its time to learn

My card this challenge was inspired by two lines:

Through the park and by the tree
And
I can tell that we are gonna be friends

Our sponsor this challenge is GeckoGalz Designs. They carry an amazing assortment of images, both line art and pre-colored. I lean towards their pre-colored digital sets because they are always beautifully done!

For my card layout, I am using a sketch I created as landscape but decided to turn portrait. really wanted to pull out the gold because you know, Fall color, so I went with a base cover thinking I would emboss it to add some texture. Only I did not have an embossing folder I felt would work will with the image so I decided to do a bit of tone on tone stenciling.


Supplies, 5 x 7 card
  • Pre-colored image from the digital collage set "Fall into Nature" printed on Hammermill Color Copy
  • Cardstock from The Paper Studio (base) and Stampin Up!
  • Circle punches from Stampin Up!
  • Ink from Stampin Up! & Versafine Claire
  • Rhinestones from my stash
  • Sentiment from Unity Stamps
  • Stencil from Stampers Anonymous (Clockwork)
  • Sketch use: CCBC#3


Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out the main blog located HERE to see the other challenges we offer!

(Hugs) Cara

 

No comments: