Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sunday Song & Rhyme: Have yourself a merry little Christmas

In prickly green of Christmas wreaths
The holly berries glow,
The Christmas trees will sparkle soon,
With Christmas fruit bent low...
~Hannah G. Fernald, "Outside," 1906

Good morning!
Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge has re-started on our new blog HERE

Our sponsor this challenge is: Our sponsor for this month is LeighSBDesigns Digi Stamps & SVG Cutz with a prize of one Digi Stamp set or one SVG Cutz set (excludes Print & Cutz sets) of winner’s choice with a max value of $5.

Please show a little love and visit her shop HERE

Now on to the challenge!

Our Song/Rhyme this fortnight is from Margaret

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Song by Sam Smith

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on
Your troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yule-tide gay
From now on
Your troubles will be miles away

Here we are as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who I dear to us
They gather near to us once more

Through the years
We'll always be together
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough

So have yourself a merry little Christmas
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Blane Ralph / Martin Hugh
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas lyrics © Emi Feist Catalog Inc.

I took my inspiration from the lines “Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Make the Yule-tide gay”

And what better way to make for a gay Christmas than with a fun image of a frog with a Santa cap?! I think I smiled the whole time I was coloring this image. So stinking cute!

I will be honest and say I am not realy happy with the coloring on my leaves but the darker green pen was a new on and I had some issues controlling the ink.  

Supplies, 5 x 7 card
  • Image CHRISTMAS CHORUS FROG printed in Hammermill Card Stock
  • ProMarkers
  • Cardstock from The Paper Studio (Base) and Stampin Up!
  • Design paper from Pebbles (Home for Christmas)
  • Embossing folder from Crafters Companion (Holly & Ivory Frame)
  • Judikins Diamond Glaze
  • Memento Ink
  • Sentiment from Hampton Art (Holiday Sentiments)
  • Sequins from my Stash
  • Wink of Stella
Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out the main blog located HERE to see the other challenges!

(Hugs) Cara

No comments: