Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Autumn Comes ...

No spring nor summer's beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face....
~John Donne, "Elegy IX: The Autumnal"

Good morning!
This morning I am sharing a card I made for the new Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge which just started. You can find the challenge HERE

Our poem this fortnight is

Summer days are here at last,
Days of school are in the past,
Summer skies will turn to grey,
And summer's warmth will fade away,
Autumn comes and leaves fall down,
Winter comes, snow covers the ground,
Spring comes and brings new life,
And ends all of the winter's strife,
All the seasons come and go,
From the summer's heat to the winter's snow...
--- Katherine Knight ---

Our sponsor this challenge is Alex Syberia Design and I am always thrilled to use one of her gorgeous images! For my challenge card I am using her Autumn Leaves Frame. Although the title says Autumn, I do believe this image can be used for spring as well … just use bright greens instead of the autumnal colors like I used.

I colored my image using my distress markers, a bit of water and the smooshed ink method. I love how it turned out! Once everything was dry, I did a bit of fussy cutting of the center to create a window, added acrylic sheeting and made a fun shaker card using some random leaf confetti and sequins I had in my stash.


Supplies, 5.5 x 7 card
Image Autumn Leaves Frame printed in Hammermill Card Stock
Cardstock from The Paper Studio (base) and scrap box
Die from Spellbinders (Fall Botanicals)
Judikins Diamond Glaze
Leaf confetti and seed beads from my stash
Ranger Distress Markers

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out the main blog located HERE to see the other challenges we offer!

(Hugs) Cara





No comments: