Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

PRIVACY NOTICE

To comply with EU ePrivacy Regulation: Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. If you should leave a comment on this blog you understand that you are sharing your blog name and blog address that will be visible for all to see. By providing your comment you are also giving consent for this information to be posted.

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TTCRD Anything Goes: Christmas Butterfly

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine. 
Jeffrey Glassberg

Today is the start of another Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door.

Our sponsor this week is SandiSamples

I used this gorgeous Poinsettia Butterfly image. I have been wanting to try my hand at this one for some time and I am delighted with the way my finished card looks!
I hope you are too!

I started by printing the image on a piece of Vellum card stock. I then flipped over so the printed side was down and using markers, started coloring laying down light to dark. Every down and then I would use a q-tip to soften edges or blended a bit more,

I would flip back over to the front to see how it looked and once I was satisfied with the finish from the front, I left to dry thoroughly..

One the front side, I used a glue pencil and added some yellow glitter to the flower centers and a touch of dazzling diamonds to the flowers themselves and the antennae.

I think that by coloring on the backside of vellum you achieve a softer, almost velvety look to the image and colors. Especially on heavier weight vellum like the one SU! sells.

I used the matching paper piercing template to create an outline on the card base,
I die cut a smaller piece of card stock to back the vellum and attached  to the card base with foam dimensionals.


Card size is 5x7
SUPPLY LIST: 
Card stock, Vellum, Ink, Dazzling Diamonds glitter and Labels Collection die and paper Piercing Template are all from Stampin Up! / Yellow glitter (flower centers) from OTC / Sentiment from Halo Rubber Stamps / Black ink is India ink from Memories

Challenges Entered

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

Sunshine Mail Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

My Craft Creations - Anything Goes

Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog - Something with wings

Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara



4 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Cara!! Your card is just so beautiful and creative!! I love it!!
Hugs
Darcy

Lisa Cornwall said...

Gorgeous. X

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous butterfly! Thanks so much for joining our Things with Wings challenge at Lacy Sunshine. xxD

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Cara! I especially love the piercing around the image.