Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dreaming of Peacocks!

“Creativity is seeing something that doesn't exist already.
You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.”
Michele Shea

Recently I spent two weeks in Japan visiting my daughter who teaches English in their public school system.

While there, we were invited to spend the day with the family of one of her friend enjoying barbecue and celebrating Obon, a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the spirits of one's ancestors.


The giving of gifts are a part of Japanese culture and since I knew about the event of ahead of time, I made sure I had gifts for the family.

Three of them I made for the ladies who have made my daughter welcome and part of their family.

Unfortunately, the yarn wrappers were tossed and when I tried to find them in the store, the colors were not available so I can't pass on the supplier information.


Here is scarf #2
I used THIS PATTERN from Ellen Kardell/Pocket Meadoco Farms