Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Love Letters

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other
but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

Good morning!
It is my turn to post the Clean and Simple Challenge at The Outlawz and this week your challenge is Love Letters!

May has been designated as National “Date Your Mate Month.” Apparently, dating is considered an important part of building a healthy love relationship and becomes even more so after a couple marries.

Your challenge, if you decide to accept it, is to make a "Just because I love you" card or project for your significant other and share something about that person that you appreciate and value about him or her.

For those of you who do not have significant others - you can do something for your bestest friend and again, share something about that person that makes him or her special to you!

You can use anything you want as long as you keep it CAS!

My card is for my husband.. We have been together over 30 years. 28 of them married.
We've had our share of ups and downs over the years like everyone else, which I think has made us both stronger as individuals and as a couple.
He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me and I love him very much.

Size A2

The card was made by heat embossing a piece of white card stock. I then cut the heart out and sponged with ink. Once dry, I glued back into place and added the die cut U with a foam dimensional

SUPPLIES
Card stock, "Weathered Background", Ink and white embossing powder from Stampin Up!
Dies "Hearts One" and "Donna's Alphabets" from Spellbinders

CHALLENGES ENTERED:

9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fun and colourful card
Thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Chrissie said...

What a super card Cara!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Super card Cara and congrats on 30 years together
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Deepti said...

Love the textures and the super CAS look of ur card :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun heart card! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Jen Nelson said...

great texture
Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
Jen xx

Shirley said...

Your card is lovely, Cara! TY for sharing how you did it too! He loved it I know! No one is perfect and that what makes people lovable I think.

kenli said...

So beautiful . Stunning creation.Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challendges.

Michelle Lupton said...

Love the crackle texture! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)