Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

"Make your own paper" CAS challenge

May brooks and trees and singing hills join in the chorus too,
And every gentle wind that blows send happiness to you.
Irish Blessing

Good morning!
Today is the start of another Clean & Simple Challenge at the Outlawz.
This week Linda has challenged us to make our own designer paper. 

Challenge excepted Linda!

I love making my own papers and this is one of my favorites!
This effect is created by adding drops of ink to glossy card stock. Then you take another piece of glossy card stock, mist it and lay it on top of the inked card stock and you smoosh them together, smoothing out from middle to edges.
Then peel apart and let dry.

Note: keep colors to 3-4 max and go light on the darker colors or you could muddy everything up

You never know what you are going to get!
It's always a surprise to see what comes out and in this case I love every piece that came out of this batch!


Card size - A2
SUPPLIES
Card stock for Cardbase from X-ped-X
Glossy card stock from stash
Reinkers - I used Stampin Up!
Sentiment from The Angel Company (Just because)
Image from Stampin Up! (Seeds of Kindness)
Rhinestones from Paper Studios

Thanks for stopping by!
{Hugs} Cara

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Every time I see your blog title I feel like I belong here!! ;-) Your card is beautiful!! Cara, your BG is just wonderful colors and technique. I really like how your stamped your image and applied the rhinestones too! This could be framed!

Shirley said...

A really special and pretty card for that special MOM! I know she loved it, the lunch and the movie, but most of all the time she has spent with you.

Kim said...

I do not generally work with paper, but your card is so pretty! Maybe I should give it a try! :)

Dana Joy said...

Such a gorgeous card. I haven't made my own paper in years. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Gorgeous Cara! Love this background and your choice of colours!