Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio.
If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot.
Larry Lujack

This week our sponsor is Sandi Samples!
This truck from Sandi is actually one of the first digis I ever attempted.
I received it when we had a digi image challenge at The Outlawz and I was trying out something new!

MY CARD
Size: 5.5 x 5.5

I printed the image on some mottled blue DP then added additional color with my Prisma Color pencils.
I added glaze to the headlights, stamped the image on the door to mimic an old work truck sign and added a touch of glitter to the star with a black glitter pen I bought from Ikea a while back (best gel pens ever!) After fussy cutting it out, I added it the card base with foam dimensionals.
Enjoy!

Supplies:
53-Old Chevy Truck digi from Sandi's Samples
Blue DP from Provocraft
Prisma Color Pencils
Stamps from Stampin Up! (Circle of Friendship) & Inkahootz!
Bazzill card stock (card base)
DP - stash
Black corrugated paper - stash
Silver dots - stash
Aleen's paper Glaze
Black Glitter pen
foam dimensionals

Now - A funny story about this image!
My nephew is a car buff. (That comes from growing up with a dad & grandfather who are into buying and restoring Studebaker's).Using Sandi's image, I made this card for his 16th birthday!



This year he turns 18! I had decided a while ago that I wanted to use this image for his card, so Sandi sponsoring this weeks challenge was a great reason to pull in out and get to work!

 Not even thinking about the fact the I used it for his 16th birthday!
Not even thinking that I made the truck the same color!
 Totally unplanned and of course being the good Aunt that I am (lol) I am thinking that this will be a tradition for me to make his "even" birthday cards with this image!
 (Wonder if he will notice LOL!)

Thanks for looking. And stop by Through The Craft Room Door to play along with us!
(Hugs) Cara

CHALLENGES ENTERED:

FOR YOUR BLOG
613 Avenue Create

Our Logo
Sister Act card Challenge

1 comment:

Jacquel said...

LOL! Love that quote & your card!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!