Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Shannon's Birthday is today!

But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.
Thomas Jefferson

Good morning!
I certainly hope today finds your healthy and happy!
Speaking of happy - Today is my good friend Shannon's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Shannon!

Shannon and I were introduced to each other by a mutual friend that put together a small group of ladies for crafty days. We realized that besides sharing a love of paper crafts and critters, we both had the same kind of quirky sense of humor, enjoyed being a bit naughty at random times and were good at pushing each other out of our comfy nests when it comes to various challenges!

Anyway, we've developed quite the friendship and spend time together wandering craft stores, crafting or hanging out by the pool when we have a chance.

I made this card for her and I hope her day is as wonderful as she is!

I made a card similar to this years ago when I first got into card making.
Thought it was a fun card then, still do!

In our home, birthday cakes have three candles
One candle is to remind us of the past, so we don't forget the value of memories.
One candle is to remind us that today is a gift, that is why it is called the "Present".
One Candle is to remind us that the future awaits us with open arms and we need to walk forward with Faith.

So here I have made Shannon her three candles for the Past, Present and Future.


Close up of "frosting: swirls

The card requires a legal size envelope

SUPPLIES
Card stock from Stampin Up!
DP "Colorful" from Ki Memories
Sentiment from Inkahootz!
EF "Divine Swirls" from Cuttlebug
EF "Spots & Dots" from Cuttlebug
Star punch (used for candle "flame") from EK Success
Scalloped scallop border (used for cake "frosting") from EK Success
Drippy Punch (used for cake "frosting") from Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Chomper punch from We R Memories
Rhinestones (sparkle on candle "flame") from Paper Studios
Glitter from Glitterex Corp
Candles were cut from scraps


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea with the candles love the card too x

Shirley said...

What a special friend Shannon has and what a beautiful and meaningful card too! I love the 3 candle meanings in your family too!