Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mothers Day (Mother in Law)

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
Irish Proverb

Good morning ... Mothers Day is coming!
I made this card for my Mother in Law
I have to say I am most  grateful that I do not have the stereotypical Mother-in-Law!
She is not intrusive.
She does not tell me I need to treat her "boy" better. 
She never told me how to raise my kids.
And while she may not approve of everything I've done is the 30 something years I've been with her son, she's never been spiteful or mean.

I think I am one lucky Daughter in Law!

Here is the card I made for her!
Yes, the banners are hand cut. I keep telling myself I should buy the banner dies from SU! but I can't bring myself to invest, at this time, the money on something that I can, more or less, cut by hand. :O(


Size: 5 x 7
White card stock and sentiment (Messages for Mom)  from Stampin up!
Green & Pink card stock from Bazzll
DP from Making Memories "Brooke Paisley)
Scallop dies from Sizzix
Pearl Swirl from Recoleections

I used this sketch from Paper Crafting Divas
 

Thanks for stopping by!
{Hugs} Cara



3 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Awesome card. Love the color combo. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Lovely card x

Shirley said...

I had to smile about the stereotypical MIL. When my husband was really sick the first time his mother showed up on my door step to check and see if I was doing a good job. LOLOLOL You are a very lucky lady! Your card is beautiful and I know she loved it and will keep it. Lovely colors and embellishments too! Very pretty!