Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Through The Craft Room Door: Anything Goes (Guess What?)

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

Good morning!
I certainly hope that everyone is enjoying their day, or evening depending on what part of this wide world you inhabit!

I have to laugh at myself - while creating this post I kept thinking to myself that I need to make my narratives so much ... more .... 
more interesting
more captivating
more of whatever it is that gets people excited to see that I've posted something

Some people just have a knack for writing in such a way that reading their work is something you look forward too and want more of. Mine, I think comes in waves (little tiny ones) and depends on my mood or what I'm up to at the time. 

I like to think of myself as a creative personality but seriously - there are people out there that see something extraordinary in everything they look at and while I've lost track of how many times I've blurted out "Why didn't I think of that?!" I refuse to second place myself with these type of people. After all someone has to do all the dirty work for the rest of us to duplicate. Right?

I will admit that I do, on occasion, envy that strange and unusual talent, but I can't help but think that has to be exhausting - day in and day out! Frankly, sometimes I don't mind walking around clueless and seeing only dresses when I am looking for a dress! 

Everyone has their place in this time and I believe mine is to be just be Me. So I'll guess I'll continue to waddle along doing my "Thang" and hopefully, I'll make someone laugh out loud today - even if it's just watching me wander along with a vague expression in the clothing department!

This is my card for the weekly

This week our sponsor is Oozak

Another DT friend made some flowers with some gorgeous centers. When I asked if she had purchased them, she told me she made them herself with beads and her trusty glue gun. So this was my first attempt when I put together some flower for a swap and I have to say I am pretty thrilled with how it turned out.

The background I created just playing around with a new stencil I'd received from a secret santa event I participated in. Fun - fun - fun

The card is 5 x 7


SUPPLIES: Sentiment (Studio G), Card stock (Stampin Up! & American Craft), Ink (Stampin Up! & Memories), "Bubbles" Stencil (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous), The flower was made using a silk flower from the $1 store, beads and hot glue.

Looking forward seeing you there!
Cara
Through The Craft Room Door
Paper Craft Magazine, September 2014 Issue is now available for your viewing in the Subscribers Only Area" at Through The Craft Room Door website: http://craftrmdoor.ning.com. It is loaded with paper craft tutorials, tons of inspirations and projects you can create.
Come see Colleen Schaans craft room - trust me it will knock you off your feet - it totally rocks.
Art by Miran is this issues Feature Digi artist and has given the subscribers the sweetest images for you to download.
Come on over and join us!

5 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

First, I always find what you have to say very interesting. And you made me chuckle about "Doing your Thang" hahaha Your flower turned out beautifully as well as the entire card. I really like the design!!
Hugs
Darcy

Charlene Mitchell said...

I love your post Cara and I'm so happy that you are YOU! I figured this out last year after a very tough year and I love being ME - it's so much less stressful!
Your flower is gorgeous and I love what you did with the stencil. Beautiful! xx

Natalie said...

hi Cara,
lovely card. Love the dots in the background.
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Such deep thoughts for such a pretty card! lol You go girl! I totally can relate to all you wrote. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Cara,
I am so late on my comments...but I made. I love your project, and your narrative. I have selected you as our FB CAS Designer of The Day for October 28, 2014. Please stop by to say hello and to grab your DoD Badge. www.facebook.com/avenue613
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog