Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Dakota's 25th Birthday

The years teach much which the days never knew.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good morning
Today I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my son Dakota.
Growing up with Aspergers has presented him with challenges that, at times, have seemed difficult to overcome but he has matured into an amazing young man with a good heart and a quirky sense of humor.

I actually made this card back in May when I was putting together a Faux Stained Glass Technique tutorial for the on-line magazine Through the Craft Room Door. At some point I'll eventually put here on my blog.

When Dakota saw the card, he asked me for it.
I told him it was intended someone else, which is was.
He was so disappointed, that I made another card for the other person and set this one aside for him. Can't wait to see his face when he opens his card!

Size 5 x 7



SUPPLIES
Card stock and Ink from Stampin Up!
Image from Stampin Up! "Ships Ahoy"
Sentiment from Stampin Up! Set unknown
StazOn Black Ink
Spellbinder die "Label 30"
Twine from my stash

8 comments:

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is fabulous Cara! What a wonderful surprise for your son! Happy birthday to Dakota! P.S. I'm going to have to go back and look up your tutorial!

SCarol said...

Your son will love this card. I love the backround, just like sea and sky. He will be so surprised and touched you kept it for him.

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Fabulous masculine card! Your story touches my heart. I have a 28 yo son with Asperger's Syndrome as well and I've always said he'd grow into a better person because of it. Well, he's done so as best as he can. There's not a day he doesn't make me proud so I know how proud you must feel to say Dakota has grown into an amazing young man. God bless. I'm sure he will be thrilled to see you've saved this for him! xx Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
CB Owner

~ginny said...

Delighted you are sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Cara! This is a stunning technique for your water and sky! I love ships, but I am poor at doing realistic nature elements... this technique is made for people like me! LOL! The twine is a creative touch! Nicely done! Dakota - I bet it was worth the wait!!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create Challenge #93 Anything Goes/optional twist- CAS design
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Meggi Bischoff said...

Oh, what a super card!

Thanks for playing with us the challenge of Inspiration Destination!

Good Luck and I hope see you again!

Gr. Meggi DT.

Janet's Joy said...

So nice that you are going to surprise your son with this card!! A fabulous card!
I'm so glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

OttawaMom said...

This is a great masculine card. I'm sure your son loved it! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

NanaConnie said...

I love this old sailing ship, Cara! Magnificent color combo.