Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Going to the Pumpkin Patch!

Oh how we love pumpkin season. You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right? Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... We anxiously anticipate it every year. ~Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer, October 2010

Well Hello there!
So today is the start of another Clean & Simple Challenge at The Outlawz. Our theme for the challenge is creating a card or project showcasing a pumpkin.

While making my card, I started thinking about one of the annual holiday shows from my childhood, "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!". To this day, I love watching it and own it on DVD as I am still a child at heart and love these old shows!

I remember watching and feeling so bad for Linus as he tried passionately to convince the others that the Great Pumpkin was real and would arrive to bring goodies and goodwill to each and every child.

Even as a kid, I remember admiring his faith in the unseen. His dedicated letter writing and firm belief in the return of someone who would make his waiting worthwhile....

Sound familiar?

Now that I am an adult (well on paper anyway!) his unshakable belief takes on a different meaning to me because as a Christian, I think we are all a bit like Linus ... trying to convince people that Jesus is real only to be laughed at, ridiculed, persecuted & even killed. But we hold fast to our faith and our belief that He will return with his bag o goodies (promise of everlasting life in His presence). So Yes! The waiting is worthwhile!

So next time I watch the program ... which will be here shortly, I'll grab my blanket and hot cocoa and I will spend the evening with Linus in the Pumpkin Patch waiting for the Miracle that I too know will come!

Here is my card for the challenge!


SUPPLIES USED
Card stock (Bazzill & Stampin Up!), Pumpkin die (Sizzix), Sentiment (Studio G), stamped and fussy cut, Black India Ink (Memories), Embossing folder "Forest Branches" (Cuttlebug), Googlie eyes (Stash)

Thanks for stopping by
Cara

I have enter this card into the following challenges






9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cara, that card is just adorable!!! I love it, and those google eyes just sit it off.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Such a super fun card Cara! And yes, I especially love the different sized googly eyes!

Sharyn Polesel said...

What an adorable card! I love the expression on his face. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

Too cute! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

NanaConnie said...

LOL, what a fun way to do a pumpkin, Cara! Sorry I'm so far behind on visiting but fear I'm never going to get caught up. The weeks just get busier and busier. :-D

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So cute! I love that the whole card face is a jack-o-lantern! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

CA-UTE! Love the Boo - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Thanks for joining us at Sunshine Mail Foundation. Hope you join us again!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a fun card!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo