Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Colors of the Sun(flower) ...

Colors of the summer sun illuminate the meadow. Gold, the massed gold of hawkweed; the burnished gold of black-eyed Susans; the delicate, demure gold of stargrass, cousin of the daffodil; and the sun's very rays captured by the field's wild sunflowers. ~Hal Borland, Seasons, 1973

Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing a card I created for our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges using an image from our Sponsor, SheepSki Designs

This fortnight we are using a color wheel to find our color of choice.

For my card, I used yellow from the top half with Blue & Green from the lower half, finishing the selection


The design paper on this card is actually some paper from some note "scrolls" my daughter bought me years ago. Never use them until on day I saw one of them had the exact paper/colors I needed for a card I was making. This paper is from another scroll I took apart. It is actually quite stunning and rich looking IRL. 

I fussy cut the sunflowers out the tucked the stems under the oval to give a nice 3-d look to the image.

Supplies used
  • Image, Sunflowers Image 112 printed on Hammermill Color Copy
  • Cardstock from The Paper Studio (Base) and Stampin Up!
  • Design paper from my stash and Stampin Up! (Marbleous)
  • Glimmer paper from Neenah
  • Ink from Stampin Up!
  • Nuvo clear crystal drops
  • Oval die from Precious Merieke (Winter Wonderland Oval)
  • ProMarkers
  • Sentiment from Close to My Heart (Wordfetti)
Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges for more challenges and Inspiration!


No comments: