Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Of birds and blossoms, leaves and light ...

That God once loved a garden We learn in Holy Writ.
And seeing gardens in the spring I well can credit it...
~Winifred Mary Letts, "Stephen's Green," 1926

Today a new Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge has started at The Outlawz Challenges and will run through March 5, 2022.

Our sponsor this challenge is Gecko Galz with a prize of a $25.00 shopping spree!

Our Song/Rhyme this month was selected Susan

by Sir Charles George Douglas Roberts
A snowy path for squirrel and fox,
It winds between the wintry firs.
Snow-muffled are its iron rocks,
And o'er its stillness nothing stirs.

But low, bend low a listening ear!
Beneath the mask of moveless white
A babbling whisper you shall hear—
Of birds and blossoms, leaves and light.

When reading through the poem, my first thought when reading about is the color blue but I was really inspired by the lines “Beneath the mask of moveless white a babbling whisper you shall hear— Of birds and blossoms, leaves and light.”

I am using an ATC from the set “Cest Le Vie ATC” … It is in shades of blue and have what I think are called cottage roses. Stunning to see actually and it just felt perfect for what I was thinking. Because I love the whole image, I really didn’t want to cover it up so I started checking Pinterest and found a sketch from the Sugar Sketch challenge that I sorta used as a layout guide. I did not place the banners as shown in the sketch but decided the silhouette die cut of birds would be perfect over the top of the image taking the place of the banners.

I am really happy with how this card turned out!


Supplies, 5 x 7 card
  • Cest Le Vie ATC print from GeckoGalz printed on Hammermill Color Copy
  • Cardstock from The Paper Studio (Base) and Stampin Up!
  • Die “Birds on a branch” unknown
  • Die “Small Birds” from Gina Marie Designs
  • Embossing folder “Pirouette” from Cuttlebug
  • Embossing folder “Simply Subtle” from Stampin Up!
  • Sketch used is Sugar Sketch Challenge SPDSS09


Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges for more challenges and Inspiration!



No comments: