Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fatherings ...

It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.
I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.

Joyce Maynard

I made this card for my husband for Father's Day.

I used this adorable Digi: Mustached kitty from Tam Hess @ Cardmaking Artist and an old sketch from Whiff Of Joy.The nice thing about sketches is that they are not only a great way to encourage yourself to try a new design or push your personal comfort zone but also use up those bits and pieces left over from other projects.



Size 5 x 7
OTHER SUPPLIES
Card stock from Stampin Up! & Bazzill
Ink (for nose & ears), sentiment & Button die from Stampin Up
DP (used for kitty body) from DCWV
Border punch from EK Success
Embossing folder "Brick wall" from Darice

CHALLENGES ENTERED



613 Avenue Create

Anything Goes

Crafting from the Heart

Anything Goes

Hiding in my Craft Room

HIMCR #153 - Super Scraps Saturday!

The Pinque Peacock Challenge #6

Anything Goes

14 comments:

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Great little fathers day card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Di said...

Oh Cara - what a fun card! Does that cat really have a moustache? Too funny and VERY clever!

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, life got a bit busy!

Hugs, Di xx

Unknown said...

Soooo cute! Love the colors! Thanks so much for joing the PINQUE PEACOCK Challenge & Link Ups :)

Laura said...

What a great card.. thanks for joining in the challenge at Pinque Peacock.. Anything Goes..
Laura D.

scrapbookingforfun said...

What a cute project!!! Thank-you for joining us at Pinque Peacock!!!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Cara, what a fun card and your image is too too cute for words!! I like how you did the ribbon and the dots too!

SusieScrapper said...

Great card, love the image!

Miranda said...

Adorable!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pinque Peacock Challenge Blog!

Melanie Rozwood said...

How sweet. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

Kandy's Krafts said...

This is a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing at CFTH challenge. Good Luck.

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

Adorable card!!!

Thanks for joining in on the fun at Pinque Peacock!

Sugarlips said...

This is so cute. I love the mustache :)
Thanks for joining the Pinque Peacock challenge.

Unknown said...

Awesome card Cara. I love the color palette you used and your opening saying was just wonderful! Thanks for entering our challenge at Pinque Peacock!

Pcaheather said...

what a super fun and cute card love the mustache on the cat! Thanks for playing with Pinque Peacock!