Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's all about the Die Cuts!

Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys.
Madeleine L’Engle

Good Morning to everyone!
I certainly hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Summer is officially here in Arizona with temperatures reaching the triple digits. Monday is supposed to be 107 degrees Fahrenheit (I think that translates to about 41 Celsius for some) ... Plenty hot that is for sure!

These are the days I am glad my husband and I decided to have a pool put in! Nice way to stay cool and still be outside.

Although I have to admit, I have been inside most of this weekend making cards for my Father-in-laws!

This week, the CAS challenge for The Outlawz is all about the die cuts. It seems like almost everyone uses some sort of die cut or punch on their cards. Our challenge this week is to create a clean and simple card or project that features a die cut or punched image if you don't have a die cut machine. Just gotta keep it CAS!

Here is my A2 card.

Die cuts are such an awesome way to use up those bits and pieces of card stock or design papers. And this was a perfect opportunity to use them. The piece that I embossed and the little butterfly is attached to the card with pop dots.



I also added a bit of glitter to the butterfly. Here's a closeup


Supplies:
Card stock from Stampin Up!
DP from Making Memories (Simply Fabulous!)
Die from Sizzix (Wish)
Butterfly stamp & die from Sizzix (Butterfly #3)
EF from Cuttlebug (Swiss dots)
Ink from Memories (India Ink)
Pop dots


Thanks for stopping by!
Cara

Challenges Entered

I am using two lines
Pink - Butterfly - Dry Embossing
Die cut - Butterfly - Design Paper




6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

A really pretty CAS card. Love the sparkly butterfly. Welcome to my butterfly challenge. Thankyou for fluttering by . Hope you will stop by again. Hugs Mrs a. (Butterfly challenge ).
If you have used snippets on your card then you can also enter over at Di's use your snippets challenge .
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/pixies-snippets-playground-week-128.html

scrappymo! said...

This is so sweet and pretty. Love the papers you cut the dies from and the lovely sparkle on your butterfly!

Di said...

Hi Cara!

First of all, welcome to the Snippets Playground. Hope you come and play often!

I love your card, really pretty and perfectly finished with that lovely butterfly - which looks amazing in your close-up photo.

See you soon!

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Hi there! Dropping by to say hello to the newbie in the Snippets Playground.

Fabulous card and I love the glitzy butterfly.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hello Neighbor and Snippet Playground Newbie. Love the card! I adore giant wide letters especially done in designer paper. Nice sparkly butterfly to boot! Great job!

MaryH said...

Hi Cara, Thanks for the comments you had left at my blog, but I couldn't get back to you, until I saw you spotlighted over at the Snippets Playground and was able to follow the link to get to your blog (I don't do the Google circles, which is where I was taken following your comment linking). This is a beautiful card, and I am in love with that sparkling, glittering butterfly. Loved the way you did the lettered sentiment with the pretty dp and it was so striking against the embossed background. So pretty, yet still a great 'guy' card! Well deserved to be highlighted by our Miss Pixie. TFS & Hugs (tried to join as your newest follower, but already was. Just didn't show in your followers list, but I think that was Google mischief!)