Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, January 11, 2019

Day 5 & final, Growing in Unity 2019

Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart. ~Henry Clay

Good Morning!
Awww... Sadness :O( …
Today is my fifth and final day to share with you a card I made using a Unity Stamp. I hope you have enjoyed your visits and I appreciate all the wonderful comments that have been left over the last several days!

As you can all see, I am a big fan of using sketch layouts for my cards! They are such great prompts for those days when I struggle with a layout for an image I am using. I’m not really a scrapbooker (so to speak), but many years ago when I was questioning a friend who was using an actual scrapbook layout for a card, she simple said “Cards are just little scrapbook pages. Only instead of a photograph, you are using a stamped image”.

It just made so much sense and I started looking at them differently… Now I use them all the time.
This card is no exception. A layout for a square card was used here, but I did not follow exactly. You can see I modified a bit for a 5 x 7 card but you can still make out the layout. I do that all the time. Just have to make some adjustments for the card base size you are using.

Not sure what the deal is with my picture, hoping you can see it clearly on your end.

  • Image “Scarf in Winter” from Unity Stamp Company
  • Black Hybrid Ink from Scrapbook.com
  • Card stock from The Paper Studio (base) and Stampin Up!
  • Design paper “Kiss” from Paper Pizazz
  • Marvy Rectangle Punches
  • Promarkers
  • Rhinestones from Recollections
  • Studio G Glitter Glue

Sketch: Paper Craft Crew #68

Here are links to the Unity Stamp Company Store and Social Media Sites!
Go check them out! You won’t be disappointed!

  
Don't forget to leave me a comment for a chance to be one of two people I get to pick to win 25 random stamps from Unity Stamp Company and announcing here as soon as I have the go ahead!

Thank for stopping by!
Cara

18 comments:

stamping sue said...

Adorable giraffe card. he looks so warm and cozy.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I'm loving your sketches and never thought of adjusting a scrapbook layout for a card design. Genius! Love your colors, patters, coloring, and stamps. Just a wonderful card. Thanks for all the inspiration and ideas this week!

Linda said...

Your coloring of the giraffe is splendid!

Jhays said...

I love the idea of cards being little scrapbook pages. Great use of sketches. Cute card!

Denise S. said...

It is sad when the week ends and yours has been a great one. This is another image that I have on order and am waiting on, so thanks for inspiration when it gets here. I have loved that you used sketches each day.

Glennis F said...

Looks like using sketches is a good thing to do - your giraffe is so cute

Pat said...

I love this stamp and have not had a chance to use it yet. I love all of your cards and how you show us the sketch of papers you used. I must try to do some more layering like that they were all so pretty. Thank you for sharing

https://jojosretiredpasttime.blog/ said...

Love your giraffe card so cute, Love all your cards this week Just Amazing

karen adams said...

Love what you did with this stamp!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

https://jojosretiredpasttime.blog/ said...

Love your giraffe....Just beautiful...Great cards all week....Congrads

Sandra said...

Adorable Cara, Love this cute image and you made a great card with it!!
I enjoyed your GiU week!!

Wilma DeG said...

Great card! I just got this stamp and am anxious to ink it up. Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable card! LOVE that cute giraffe!
Thanks for a great GIU week! I've enjoyed all your cards!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, I love this! I think this one is my favorite this week. What a beauty!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. :-)

Cheryl said...

Adorable card!I like the idea of using layout sketches for cards.I have this stamp set also, but have yet to ink it up....along with many others. The days are just too short! I've enjoyed your week!

Sue D said...

So cute with this giraffe and I like the sketch you used.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Kim Chastain said...

Feel better soon! Lovely creations this week. I have loved them all

Rachel Duong said...

I love the layout of this card. The giraffe is so adorable I am going to add it to my wishlist. I love the color you used. Thank you for a great week of amazing creations!