Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Bold Sunset ...

Fancy lays down her pencil here: Her palettes, bright with mortal hues,
To yield immortal tints refuse: And those who know Truth's glorious face,
Need not an artist's hand to trace Her beauty, as she rose in light...
~James Hamilton, "The Shipwreck of St. Paul," c.1856

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my card for the new color challenge which is currently running at The Outlawz ChallengesOur sponsor this month is Starstampz with a sweet prize of 3 digi images! May sure you check out their website and Etsy store for more great images!

Etsy Digi Shop ~ starstampz.etsy.com

My card is actually the 2nd one I made for this challenge :O( …
I was in the process of finishing up the coloring an image from our sponsor when the bright blue ProMarker I was using decided to leak and splatter across the image hair and face. It was so bad there was o way I could fix it so I had to reach into my stamp supply to come up with this card.

Our colors this week come from Laurian and are based on one of her beautiful Sunsets! There is an option twist to add a reflection so I used a technique for  mirroring images that I have not used in a while to create my card. 

I am having issues with the lighting for my pictures so my card seems a bit washed out compared to the color chart but it is actually quite bold in color. I need to play with my light strength or better yet, just invest in a good light box


Here’s the Board!


Supplies:
  • Card stock: The Paper Studio (Base); Bazzill; Stampin Up!
  • Design Paper(s): Fall Leaves from The Paper Studio
  • Embossing Folder(s): Subtle from Stampin Up!
  • Ink(s): ProMarkers; Gold Silk from Fun Stampers Journey; Spectrum pad from Stampin Up!; Close to My Heart
  • Punch(es): Leaves from Marvy; Corner punch from We R Memory Keepers
  • Stamp(s): Lovely as a Tree from Stampin Up!; Grass from Inkahootz! (closed)
  • Stencil(s): Clouds from Hero Arts

Sketch: Card pattern Sketch 158



Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges where a new challenge starts every day of the week!
(Hugs) Cara


No comments: