Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Ready for Christmas ...

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. - Dr. Seuss

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my card for the new color challenge which is currently running at The Outlawz Challenges.

Our sponsor this month with a prize of 3 images is SheepSki Designs

Here’s my 5 x 7 card based on Mojo Monday sketch 164 using Ready for Christmas.


Because the gem I used the for ornament came up so high, I printed the image again, colored and fussy cut the little elephant which I then layered over the original image with dimensional foam.



A few splatters with alcohol added a bit more interest to the background of the ornament

Here’s the Board


Supplies:
  • SheepSki Designs image “Ready for Christmas” printed on Stampin’ Up! Whisper White cardstock and colored with ProMarkers.
  • Card Stock: The Paper Studio (base), Stampin’ Up!, scrap of vellum for snowflake
  • Design Paper: Me & My Big Ideas
  • Dies/punches: EK Success Snowflake, Sizzix Classic Circles
  • Embossing Folders: Close to My Heart “Snowflakes”
  • Stamps: The Angel Company (closed) Running Stitches, Inkahootz! (closed) Sentiment
  • Ink: Memories India Ink, Stampin’ Up!, Red Sharpie (to color bauble), Silver Sharpie (to color top of ornament)
  • Misc: Scrappy Cat Rhinestones
  • Stash: Gem for bauble

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by The Outlawz Challenges where a new challenge starts every day of the week!
(Hugs) Cara

1 comment:

AndreaNorris said...

Awww Cara this is such a beautiful card <3
Andrea x