Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

PRIVACY NOTICE

To comply with EU ePrivacy Regulation: Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. If you should leave a comment on this blog you understand that you are sharing your blog name and blog address that will be visible for all to see. By providing your comment you are also giving consent for this information to be posted.

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Let is Snow ... in monotone

And there is quite a different sort of conversation around a fire than there is in the shadow of a beech tree.... [F]our dry logs have in them all the circumstance necessary to a conversation of four or five hours, with chestnuts on the plate and a jug of wine between the legs. Yes, let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius. ~Pietro Aretino, translated from Italia

Hello my Lovelies!
Today ushered in a new color challenge at The Outlawz Challenges

This week’s challenge comes to us from Jeanie and she is asking they we make a monotone card/project with one color to pop!
Our sponsor this month is sheepski designs with a prize of 3 images to her etsy store.



I am using her awesome and fun image “Snowmen Selfie”

I absolutely adore this image and I am not a selfie fan! Anyway... I am attempting a black and white photo look here and added a bit of jade to the image for my pop. Not going to lie, I've attempted these before with really disapointing results. This time I used a previous image I had colored for another challenge and ran it through my copy machine to give me a photo in black and white. Then I sat down with my alcohol markers and proceded to color this one up using the photocopy as a guide. I'm really happy how this one turned out ... so here is my 5 x 7 card


Supplies
  • Image "Snowmen Selfie" colored with pro-markers and copics
  • Card stock from Stampin Up! and The Paper Studio
  • Confetti embossing folder from Close to My Heart
  • Glitter paper from Recollections
 Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to come on over to The Outlawz Challenges where a new and different challenge starts every day!
(hugs) Cara



2 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Very beautiful and unique.

Phaline Mays said...

I love the complicity of the color palette.