Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

PRIVACY NOTICE

To comply with EU ePrivacy Regulation: Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. If you should leave a comment on this blog you understand that you are sharing your blog name and blog address that will be visible for all to see. By providing your comment you are also giving consent for this information to be posted.

I appreciate my Followers!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Card for Garrett

Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years. ~Author Unknown

Hi Everyone!
Today I am sharing a card I made for Garrett Brown, a young man who is turning 16 years old today! Fabulous right? A milestone birthday on a leap year day! 

In 2002 he was mauled quite badly by a dog and was left mostly blind with multiple facial scars. It seems he read an article (he reads braille) about a little girl whose wish was to receive Christmas cards and he started wondering why he never received any mail for his birthday.
So a request was issued asking people from around the world to make his 16th birthday wish come true!

Here is the card I made for him using the sketch on the left ... I found it on Pinterest but I don't know where it comes from :O(

  

Supplies

Card stock from The Paper Studio, Stampin Up!, Bazzill & Sizzix
Design paper from DCWV (I think)
Dies: Mixed Media from Sizzix
Dies: Banner from Stampin Up!
Ink from Stampin Up!
Sentiment from Inkahootz!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful card for a wonderful teen.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Cara. Beautiful card, and I am proud to share my birthday with Garrett. xoxo