Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

80 Birthdays!

“Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.” ~ Author Unknown

Good morning
I am sharing a special birthday card for a special lady who just turned 80!

Although I have met the woman several times, I really don't know her on a personal level but my husband does and I have only heard good things about her from him.

Dr. Lewis appears to be thought of very highly by everyone that comes to know her. From what I understand, the woman is tough but knowledgeable and encouraging. A true educator.

I have also noticed during certain events where she is in attendance that everyone dotes on her.
It's actually quite funny to watch because, while this woman has aged quite a bit since I first made her acquaintance and now requires a cane to walk, she is still very independent and can get a bit grumpy when people try to 'help' her ... so now they all do it tag team style and on the sly!
They just "happen" to be walking in her direction when heading to and from their cars is one of the most popular tag team events to watch!

So here is the card I made for her.
This is a Tee-Pee card




Supplies
Balloon punch from Marvy
Cardstock from The Paper Studio and Stampin Up!
Darice die "Foliage Branch"
Design Paper from GCD Studios "Chocolate Kisses"
Embossing folders from Cuttlebug "Perfectly Paisley" and Swiss Dots"
Fern punch from Martha Steward
Flower stamens from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Gina Marie Designs die "Butterfly, small profile"
Ink from Stampin Up! and Memories
Ornament punch (used for vase) from Stampin Up!
Pearls from Michaels and Stampin Up!
Pink flowers from The Paper Studio "La Petites"
Silver flowers from Close to My Heart
Sizzix die "Ornate frames"
Stampin Up! die "Butterflies"

10 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful card, Cara.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful creative design. Awesome colors, digi, and bellies. Thanks so much for your entry in the 613 Avenue Create challenge.

Kin Johnson said...

Lovely card and cute story. I will have to check out all those challenges you participate in!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create with this beautifully shaped and decorated card.
Lorraine DT

Rannah Romps said...

Beautiful Cara!!

Michelle said...

What a lovely shaped card and so ideal for our challenge - thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge this time and good luck - Michelle x

Christina Hor said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely breathtaking! Those are very beautiful embellishments and I can tell how much love went into this as well fun Cara. I want one along with a tutorial please! Haha. What a beautiful 80th birthday gift to dear Dr. Lewis. I'm sure she will treasure this always and be stun with the beauty of it as well. Take care Cara. Hugs.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Unique and beautiful card! It looks very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous! Love the shape and all the elements which are fabulous! Your design is incredible! The color combination is a perfect match!
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at 613 Avenue create this month. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
Sasha

Chana Malkah said...

Unique and beautifully executed! Thanks for dropping this into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner