Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Stork is in transit!

Aside from new babies, new mothers must be the most beautiful creatures on earth.
~Terri Guillemets, 2010 January 26th, journal

It's not often I get to make baby cards but the daughter of a friend has entered the parent trap and expecting shortly. This months image from the Progressive freebee challenge at The Outlawz was perfect for what I wanted to try ... 

The image is called "Wishful Asha" from Make it Crafty.

I decided to try something different and used a variant of the spotlight technique. A little masking for the cloud background and voila!




Close up


Supplies
Digital image "Wishfil Asha" from Make it Crafty
Card stock from The Paper Studio
Cloud stamp unknown
Die: Easel from Marianne Designs (Not Shown)
Die: Flourish Trim from Spellbinders
Die: Label Collection from Stampin Up!
Ink from Stampin Up!
Pearls from my Stash
Prisma Color Pencils
Sentiment from "Little Darlings" by Hampton Art
Studio G Glitter Glue

Thanks for stopping by!


(Hugs) Cara

CHALLENGE(S) ENTERED


CRAFT YOUR PASSION: #273 Always Anything Goes


4 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Very pretty card. I love the image and your coloring!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling. Great coloring and design.
Hugs,
Teresa

Willeke said...

This is lovely !
Hugs
Willeke
Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

Unknown said...

Such a great idea with colouring only part of the image! Lovely colouring and such a cute image!