Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Outlawz: Feeling Thankful

Good morning!
Another glorious day to be alive isn't it? Another day to hug the ones you love, forgive the ones that hurt you and make amends to the ones you have hurt. 

November is traditionally a time of Thanksgiving in the United States, but I think it's something we should do every day of the year, regardless of where we live. 

We all have someone that we owe a bit a gratitude to ... that teacher who gave your child a little extra one on one time. The co-worker that covered for you at the last minute. Maybe the neighbor who fed your cat, walked your dog and watered your plants while you were out of town.

Just remember!
"Feeling Gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." Arthur Ward

Today is my posting day for The Outlawz Clean and Simple challenge and I would really like to see your CAS Thank you cards or projects this week.

My card is going to someone that possibly saved my mothers life...

My Mom lives some distance away so it is not possible for me to just drop by and check on her. But I do try and call her if not every day, at least every other day.
Recently she fell very ill and didn't tell me just how sick she was because she did not want to worry me (so like a mom right?!). A friend happened to stop by the house to check on her and found her in bed, almost too weak to stand.
The friend immediately called me to let me know that she and her husband were getting Mom to the emergency room and we were to meet them there.
Mom was lucky - She had not eaten anything in close to a week and could not keep fluids down. She was critically dehydrated and after several tests, it was determined she had a extremely bad case of salmonella poisoning.
She spent almost a week in the hospital recovering and it now home sassy as ever!

I really believe that if it has been one more day, we might not have been so fortunate!

So I am very grateful because my Mom is all I have left ... My dad and two older brothers are deceased ... and while I know that eventually she will also pass, I'm really not prepared to let her go just yet no matter how much we argue!

So here is my Thank you Card!
It is A2 and the layer is popped up on foam dimensionals
Supplies: 
Card stock - The Paper Studio
Flower and sentiment - "Many Thanks" from Hampton Arts
Ink & clear button - Stampin Up!
Scrapper floss - Karen Foster Designs
Photo corner - stash (colored with SU! ink pen)

CHALLENGES ENTERED

CRAFT HOARDERS ANONYMOUS
Challenge #19 - For all that you do, Thank you!

CREATIVE FINGERS CHALLENGE
#55 - Anything Goes

613 AVENUE CREATE
#97 Anything Goes (optional twist: Random Act of Kindness)

WORD ART WEDNESDAY
#157 - Anything Goes

SUNSHINE MAIL BLOG
November 1st - Anything Goes














15 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

A perfect card for "Thanks" - Please join us agains at the Creative fingers chalenge, Elizabeth (DT)

creative lady said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Alka said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

Sweet thank you card.

Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

SCarol said...

Beautiful card. I'm so glad your Mum is better, thank God that the friend called in and all is well.

Lisa Mensing said...

So thankful your Mom is better. Beautiful card for beautiful people. Thank you for joining us at Sunshine Mail Challenge.

Paper Panda said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
Mandy x (CF DT)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Cara! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week. I hope you'll join us again soon.
Many blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Glenda said...

Such an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Debbie Seyer said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Thanks for joining Sunshine Mail Foundation November Anything Goes Challenge. Princess - DT Member

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

So glad your mom is OK! That was scary! Love this sweet little posy card...very cheery! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

I pray your mom makes a full recovery! Thank the Lord for the friend who alerted you! Your card is a sweet thank you note! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jo Ann said...

This card is so awesome! Love the CAS design. Thank you for joining our Challenge last week at 613 Avenue Create and hope you join us again this week. Have an excellent day. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com