My photo

None of us is born thinking we are ordinary. Feeling special is an essential part of the human birthright. If you don’t think you are special, you won’t seek to contribute your gift to the world. -Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

Monday, September 15, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.
Henry Ward Beecher

 I've been nominated for this little creative blog hop by Sandra Van Blaricum.

I met Sandra on The Outlawz but since we are on different Challenge teams, our interactions were limited.

Where I really started to get to know her was when I become a DT at Through The Craft Room Door where she is a Team Lead and Assistant Administrator on the site.
What I like about working with her is that she is always upbeat and positive.
She is always ready to jump in and help out if you have a question or problem.
Her cards are creative and inspiring. I love looking at them!

We are going to be starting a new adventure together shortly as I will soon take over as Owner of Through the Craft Room Door and she is stepping in to take Site Administrative lead for me. I am certainly looking forward to getting to know her better.
Please check our her lovely blog Cards and Creativity!


  Now the questions.....

1.   What am I working on?
At the moment - nothing!
I just finished up a couple of cards for challenges and a birthday. But I have upcoming birthdays so I need to get in gear!

 2.  How does my work differ from others of my genre?
I think most people tend to play around with everything but dabble is specific styles more often than not. I am not any different. My primary style tends to be CAS but it's really is a "mood thing" for me so there are times when I do like to play around and change things up. Keeps people guessing! LOL!

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I craft for several reasons.
It relaxes me. I enjoy the creative process and it makes me feel good to create something that has personal value to the person I give it to.

4. How does my creation process work?
LOL ... good question! Mine varies - again a mood thing.
But it always starts with a desire to create something for someone!
Then, it could be a sketch, or color combination or maybe a sentiment that I have that sets things in motion.
  
 Now it's time to nominate 3 people for the Blog Hop.

I'd like to nominate:

Card Art Etc.

I became acquainted with her during a blog hop for the family of a little girl diagnosed with Leukemia. I just love her style and her blog! I look forward to receiving the notices when she post new things.

Create Design Imagine

Shannon and I have been friends for a very long time. A group of us try to get together every couple of months to share food, laughter and maybe make some cards!
She is funny and outgoing and I love her card style as well.
She is very good at taking complex scrapbook pages and turning them in to awesome cards!

Elina
Scrapbooks, Crafts and Cards, Oh My!

I starting seeing cards and projects from Elina via Google plus
I just love her cards and she does and excellent job of giving the details on how she did something.

I hope you have enjoyed this little "Blog Hop" and go off to visit my three friends above and leave them some blog love as well!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anne Fenton said...

Cara you are way to modest you are amazing ... your cards are creative and beautiful .... Huggz Anne

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Looking forward too Cara!!
Thanks for joining in the fun!!
Hugs!!