My photo

None of us is born thinking we are ordinary. Feeling special is an essential part of the human birthright. If you don’t think you are special, you won’t seek to contribute your gift to the world. -Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

Monday, May 26, 2014

Makeover Monday!

Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. 
Author unknown, quoted in The Ladies Repository: A Monthly Periodical, Devoted to Literature, Arts, and Religion, September 1874, commonly and mistakenly attributed to Henry Van Dyke and Henry David Thoreau

Good morning ...
I have another card that I pulled from my "I am not thrilled with this card" pile and revamped it.
Hope you enjoy the changes I made!

ORIGINAL (On Left) : I love this image "Paper cut Peacock" by Inkadinkdo. It has so much potential but this whole card just feels visually flat to me. And that is saying a lot since I am blind in one eye LOL ... Anyway, it just bothered me more every time I looked at it and had no desire to give it to anyone ... So it was pulled and tossed in the make over box.


MAKEOVER (On Right): I kept the original 5 x 7 card size. I cut the front part of the original card off and trimmed it down. I added a mat that I used a border punch from Fiskars on adding a little decoration to the right and pulling the green out of the striped DP. I added another edge matching the light blue from the striped paper as well. Although heard to see in the picture, I added Studio Girridecent glitter glue to the peacock feathers

I definitely like this one much better and it will be mailed to someone soon!


Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

2 comments:

Trace C said...

Im loving the Peacock designs, makes for a lovely card :D

Shirley said...

I have been making over and using unused images too! I love both of yours. The makeover is more elegant I think. Love the peacock.