My photo

None of us is born thinking we are ordinary. Feeling special is an essential part of the human birthright. If you don’t think you are special, you won’t seek to contribute your gift to the world. -Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

Monday, April 21, 2014

Nominated for a Liebster Award

Gratitude is the music of the heart,
when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness.

Author Unknown



WOW! Talk about an unexpected honor!
I just received an email from Sandi Huggett that she nominated me and my blog for a Liebster Award.
For those of you who do not know what this award is, it is for blogs that have less that 300 followers and is a fun way to introduce your blog and artwork to others and, hopefully increase your following.
Sandi, Thank you so much. I am so honored that you thought enough of my work to put my name in the hat for this award!

Please stop by her blog Sandi Samples as she is a fantastic digi artist.

She has a few questions for me to answer

What or who was your inspiration to start crafting?
My Mom - when I was growing up she was always doing something creative. Sewing, ceramics, lost wax, crochet... the list goes on.

What is your favorite crafting item?
Wow - what a tough question but if I have to pick something it would be my Big Shot and embossing folders. Yes - technically that's two, but they kinda go hand in hand!

What is your favorite time of the day to craft?
I'm kinda of a night owl, so after everything calms down, it's my way of relaxing.

What is your favorite style of crafting?
As much as I love other styles mine tends to be Clean and Simple.

How much time do you spend crafting each day?
Not as much as I would like!

Do you have a favorite craft store?
Hobby Lobby

What is your favorite food?
Toss up between Mexican and Sushi

What do you do to relieve stress?
Depends really on what has me stressed, but a nice cold beer or class of wine is a good start!

If you could only choose three craft items to make a card what would they
be?
My Big Shot, an embossing folder and an ink pad

What other hobbies do you have?
I have many hobbies, but next in line after paper crafts in crochet. But I also like to hike, read, shoot and just be lazy (does that count as a hobby?)

What do you do when you are not in the craft room?
I work full time in Aerospace. I am a wife, mother, daughter - so I tend to keep busy doing something!

I would like to nominate 


The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award 

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

1 comment:

Charlene Mitchell said...

Congrats Cara! This is so awesome! And thanks to you for nominating me!